Little Details Play Set
Sharpen mental acuity while improving memory, inspire story-telling, and open-ended play with the Little Details Play Set. This portable game can be used and played with in so many different ways:
- Match the 20 wooden trinkets to their appropriate picture & word card– or have them matched to shadow contours.
- Put all the trinkets in the bag and choose a card – see if you can find the right item without peeking inside the bag. Feel around, investigating the contours of each piece to find the proper shape and size.
- Lay the pieces out on the felt play mat. Have your little investigator take a mental picture of them. Cover them up and quietly take one piece away, see if she can discover which piece is missing. For younger problem-solvers start with a couple objects. You can make the game more difficult by adding pieces.
- Set up miniature “still life” scenes with the wooden pieces. Have your little artist follow the curves of the pieces with his eyes and draw his findings in the pocket-sized Moleskine book. Create “Contour” and “Blind Contour” drawings using these whimsical wooden pieces as subject matter.
- Hide the objects around the room and see if your little one can find all 20.
- Take the objects out of the bag, one at a time, and tell a story incorporating your hidden treasures into the story line. Be sure to take notes so you can look back on the plot later.
- 20 Miniature Wooden Trinkets
- 1 Felt Play Mat
- 1 Muslin Play Cloth (for hiding the objects)
- 20 Find Me cards (a picture of the object and its name is on one side while a simple silhouette of the object is on the reverse)
- 1 Pocket Moleskine and 1 miniature gel pen to doodle your discoveries