Terms + Privacy
Last Updated: August 11, 2016
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The following is a non-exhaustive list of personal Information you may provide to us and we may collect.
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address and phone number
- Credit Card information (although we use a third party payment processing provider), billing address and shipping address
- Account identifiers such as username and password
- Preferences and Order History
- Family Information such as baby’s name, birthday, and weight
- Email addresses and shipping addresses of friends or others people you would like us to contact or ship gifts to
The following is non-exhaustive list of Non-Personal Information you may provide to us and we may collect.
- The name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider)
- The IP address of the computer you use to access our Service
- The type of browser software you are using
- The date and time you access our Services
- The website address, if any, that linked you to our Site
- The website address, if any, you leave our website and travel to
- Search engine search terms and advertising clicks/actions
- Weblogs and other clickstream data
- Survey responses to the extent you do not include Personal Information
- Other non-personally identifiable traffic data
How We Collect Information
We may collect your information in the following ways:
We request certain Personal Information from Customers who use our Service to make a purchase. This Personal Information allows us to complete the transaction and get our product to our Customers. You may also provide us with Personal Information when you sign up to receive email or newsletter communications from us. This may include contact information such as your name, email address, baby’s name, and shipping address. We, or companies that provide services on our behalf, may also collect certain financial information from you such as your payment method (this may include valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We store only a very limited portion of your credit card information, in a manner that is generally permitted by credit card issuers. Our payment processor, that credit card issuers require to have sufficient security, stores and processes your credit or other payment information using industry-standard security measures. By making a purchase through the Site, you give us consent to use and provide your financial information as we consider necessary to process the transaction.
If you contact us in person, by phone, email, instant message, live chat, social media, or by some other means (either through our Services or through Third Party Services), we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence for later reference. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to figure out how to deliver the best and most helpful emails and improve our Service to you.
Third Party Services
Some parts of our Services may be linked up with other accounts you have, such as your Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram accounts (“Third Party Accounts”). If you link to Third Party Accounts from our Services we may collect some information about your use of the Third Party Account. We will only be able to collect the information if you have authorized the Third Party Service to provide us with that information or if you have made the information public. Additionally, if you mention us through your Third Party Account, we may collect information and content related to your comment that is publicly available. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should manage the privacy settings of your Third Party Accounts.
Information Automatically Collected
Like most websites, our Services may incorporate technology such as “pixel tags.”
The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes such as allowing you to set up a customer account; responding to requests for assistance; and communicating with you about special offers and new features.
We use “cookies” on certain pages of our Site. Cookies are small fields that can be used to record current session information, or automatically generate a User’s password. Among other things, cookies allow you to enter your password less frequently during a session. Cookies are stored on your hard drive, not on our Site. Most cookies are automatically deleted at the end of a session. You may decline our cookies if your browser permits, although your use of the Site may then be restricted.
When you visit the Basal Baby site via a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “Location Data,” which may include information such as GPS coordinates. Basal Baby does not collect or share any personally identifiable information about you.
OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use all of the information that we collect from your use of the Basal Baby site and service, including but not limited to any information you provide when you register with us, and information provided to us by third parties as described below. The following are the ways we use information we collect:
- To operate, maintain, deliver, and communicate with you about the Baton Service.
- To understand usage trends and preferences.
- To improve the way the Basal Baby works and looks.
- To improve our marketing and promotional efforts.
- To provide you with a personalized experience (such as recognizing your system so that you will not have to re-enter information during your current or future visit to our Service).
- To create new features and functionality.
- To create your user profile. Please consider carefully what information you disclose in your profile page based on your desired level of anonymity.
- For marketing purposes. Basal Baby may use the information you provide to contact you and send you information about Baton, its partners, promotions or events.
- For non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as customer service).
THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE
Basal Baby does not believe in selling or renting its Customer information. We promise to only disclose information when:
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We need to share Customer information with affiliated and/or unaffiliated service providers who process data on our behalf and subject to strict data protection requirements.
- We need to share Customer information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to fulfill your product or service requests.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the Basal Baby site.
- We determine that the disclosure of information is required by law to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Baton employees and/or our Users.
- When it is required to comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, court orders or other legal process.
While we will try our very best to keep your information secure, Basal Baby cannot, however, promise that your personally identifiable information or private communications will remain private. For example, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
Basal Baby does not control the privacy policies of third parties. When you disclose information to third parties on the Baton Service, you are subject to the privacy customs and policies of that third party.
Credit Card Processing
Basal Baby works with a third party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information except for the exclusive purpose of credit card processing on behalf of Baton.
CHANGE OF CONTROL
In the unlikely event that Basal Brands, LLC decides to shut down the Basal Baby site or enters bankruptcy, Customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
THIRD PARTY REGISTRATION OR LOGIN
You may be given the opportunity to register with us via other social networks or services such as Facebook Connect, LinkedIN, and Twitter. We will collect and store the information you provide us through networks or services (including personally identifiable information) with any other registration information you provide us. Disabling your Facebook Connect may not terminate your account with us.
OUR CONTACT INFORMATION